Greeley Police Department
Message from the Chief
Welcome to the Greeley Police Department!
We are a family of over 250 employees serving a great community of 93,000 people. We are very proud of our Police Department, which we believe is the finest law enforcement organization in Colorado. We would like for you to know more about us. While we’re in the process of remodeling our website, we’ve provided some information right here that will tell you a lot about us. And we stand ready to tell you even more in response to your phone call or e-mail.
We know we have a very important mission to carry out in serving the citizens of our community. Here’s what our employees have determined that mission to be:
The mission of the Greeley Police Department is to improve the quality of life in Greeley by actively reducing the incidence and fear of crime and providing superior customer service.
Each year the Police Department develops a set of goals to be pursued by every employee in carrying out our critical mission. For 2012, those goals are:
- Arrest career criminals
- Improve traffic safety
- Provide superior customer service
- Do the right thing
By achieving our goals, we will demonstrate our credibility and integrity as we ably serve our citizen-partners by making their lives safer and more comfortable.
As employees of the Greeley Police Department, we accept the obligation to lead, serve and honor the community and each other by standing for the following values:
- Wisdom. We will be dedicated to enhancing our knowledge and training to enable ourselves to make the right decisions.
- Ethics. Honesty and truth will be the standard in all our actions with the community and each other.
- Courage. We will uphold and follow the law in the face of fear, danger and temptation even if it requires sacrifice.
- Accountability. We will create an environment that demands compliance with the spirit and letter of the code of conduct.
- Respect. It is our duty to treat each other and all those we serve with professionalism, compassion and empathy.
- Efficiency. We will be good stewards of the taxpayers’ money entrusted to us. We will work hard for the salary we are paid and ensure that expenditures are for the purpose of enhancing public safety and improving our operational effectiveness.
Like our Mission Statement, our Values were established by our employees. We believe they are important. We pledge to do our best always in applying them to our daily duties.
We want you to know a lot more about the Greeley Police Department. Exploring this website can tell you a lot. If you still have questions or comments, here are a few numbers that might help you.
|Non-emergency requests for information or assistance
|To file a crime report
|Desk Officer (Business hours only)
|To make a comment regarding police services or personnel
|Office of the Chief of Police
We invite you to learn more about us. If you have a problem, we might be able to help you. If you are just seeking information, we almost certainly can inform you. And if you’re investigating the possibility of a sworn or civilian career in law enforcement, you’ve come to the right place.
Chief of Police
Greeley Police Department
Still have a question or concern but not sure who to e-mail? Peggy can help you by directing your message to the proper place. E-mail Peggy at: